Grand Prize: Remodel of an existing Powder Room by Northwood Construction, Inc. of Sterling, VA including products and services. See “Prize and Prizes Definition” below.Total value of the grand prize is not to exceed $10,000 retail price. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
POWDER ROOM DEFINITION:
A powder room shall be defined as a room consisting of just a toilet and hand washing sink in a residence. For purposes of this contest a powder room does not include a bathtub, bathtub/shower, shower, soaking tub or whirlpool tub. No substitutions will be made to accommodate the contest winner that will include new bathing or shower facilities.
12:01 a.m. EST October 3, 2011 through 11:59 p.m. EST December 24, 2011.
12:01 a.m. EST October 3, 2011 through 11:59 p.m. EST December 31, 2011.
12:01 a.m. EST January 9, 2012 through 11:59 p.m. EST January 13, 2012.
January 13, 2012.
WHO CAN ENTER
1. Entrants must be legal residents of Arlington, Fairfax, Fauquier or Loudoun Counties or the Cities of Falls Church, VA, Fairfax, VA or the Towns of Vienna, VA, Herndon, VA or Leesburg, VA who are at least 21 years of age or older. Entrants must own the home where the powder room is located and the home must be entrant’s primary residence. Entrant’s home must be a single family detached home, town house or condominium 3 stories or less in height. The project location must be in one of the above counties, cities or towns located in The Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
2. Entrants must submit entries themselves, no entries submitted on anyone else’s behalf will qualify. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Internet entrant, such entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, and without notice, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion, and to award the prize in a random drawing from among the eligible online entries received up to the time of the impairment and all eligible mailed entries received. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
3. This Promotion is void in all locations other than the Eligible Markets, including Puerto Rico, outside the continental U.S., and where prohibited by law. NORTHWOOD CONSTRUCTION, INC. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and contest partners, and their members, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such persons at any time during the Promotion Period are not eligible to participate. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Beginning 12:01 a.m. EST October 3, 2011 entries may be submitted online at www.worst2firstremodeling.com. Entries may also be dropped off or mailed to Northwood Construction, Inc. 506 Shaw Rd. #322 Sterling, VA 20166. Only one (1) picture of your powder room may be submitted.
2. This Promotion is limited to one entry per household. No robotic, script-based, or other user or third-party automated entries are permitted. Illegible or incomplete entries, or entries that have been tampered with, will be disqualified. All entries and entry information become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
WHEN TO ENTER
1. Pictures may be submitted beginning at 12:01 a.m., EST October 3, 2011.
2. Pictures must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 24, 2011.
VOTING AND JUDGING
1. Voting will be online only at HYPERLINK “http://www.Worst2FirstRemodeling.com” www.Worst2FirstRemodeling.com
2. One vote only is permitted per person, per email address, per IP address per day.
3. Votes must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST December 31, 2011.
4. The top ten vote-recipients will qualify for Final Judging.
5. The top ten vote-recipients will be judged by a panel consisting of representatives selected by the management of Northwood Construction, Inc. The panel of judges will vote on their choice for the ugliest powder room before 5:00 p.m. EST January 13, 2012.
6. The Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize winners will be notified by phone from Northwood Construction, Inc.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
2. Northwood Construction, Inc. Management shall be the sole arbitrator in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of Northwood Construction, Inc. shall be final. Entry into this contest constitutes agreement by contestant to abide by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by Northwood Construction, Inc. All entries are required to be truthful. Northwood Construction, Inc. will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Northwood Construction, Inc. will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Northwood Construction, Inc. will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
3. All provisions & restrictions contained in Northwood Construction, Inc.’ s and its business partners’ standard contracts shall apply.
4. Northwood Construction, Inc. reserves all rights to interpret these rules and their decision(s) shall be final.
5. Northwood Construction, Inc. reserves the right to change, alter or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice.
6. Northwood Construction, Inc. in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this contest if he or she, directly or indirectly, tampers with the entry process, the operation of the contest, voting or the operation of Northwood Construction, Inc.’s web channel or otherwise is in violation of the rules. Northwood Construction, Inc. further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the contest, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest as determined by Northwood Construction, Inc. of Sterling, VA. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any Northwood Construction, Inc. website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Northwood Construction, Inc. reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Northwood Construction, Inc.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor and Partners, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Sponsor and Partners reserve the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend or cancel the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
7. The Sponsors are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries.
8. By participating in this contest, each contestant hereby consents to the use of contestant’s name, voice, likeness, biographical information and his/her participation in the contest for advertising with Northwood Construction, Inc. and promotional purposes. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
9. Prize Winners also may not grant interviews about their participation in any “Ugliest Powder Room Contest” or “Worst2FirstRemodeling.com” contests or make public comments in any medium, including the Internet without prior written permission of Northwood Construction, Inc. Additionally, no prize may be used in any way that would be disparaging to Northwood Construction, Inc. or any of the contest Partners.