One First Prize POWDER ROOM REMODEL will be awarded on January 13, 2012 and will include a Powder Room remodel from Northwood Construction, Inc. of Sterling, VA with a retail value of up to $10,000.00 material and labor combined and which may include removal of existing powder room fixtures, finish flooring, wallpaper (if necessary) and drywall if necessary. The new items to be installed may be: new drywall as needed, new trim as needed, new ceramic tile flooring, new toilet, new vanity cabinet, new granite sink-top, new sink or new pedestal sink, new sink faucet, new mirror or medicine cabinet, new light fixture, new exhaust fan if one currently exists, new towel bar or towel ring, and new paint (paint selected from current Sherwin Williams color palate). The First Prize winner may receive a Wellborn vanity cabinet (manufacturers list price up to $1,000), Granite or Marble sink top (value up to $500), one Mirabelle Bradenton white 2-piece elongated bowl toilet with seat (NOTE: Credit for this item may be applied to a different toilet at Ferguson Enterprises). Sink faucet, bathroom accessories and light fixture with total manufacturers list price not to exceed $800.00.
One 2nd prize of: A free Two Hours interior design consultation from Ashburn Interiors, 1 gallon duration home matte, 1 gallon brilliance ceiling paint, 1 quart proclassic gloss donated by Sherwin-Williams and 25% discount off retail price of any tile order from Mosaic Tile will be awarded on the same date.
2. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries into the “Ugliest Powder Room” contest. Prizes are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for another prize.
3. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4. Products will take up to 6 weeks to arrive and then the installation will be scheduled by Northwood Construction, Inc.
5. Extensive repair to the subfloor, wall framing, floor framing or ceiling framing is not included. Northwood Construction, Inc. shall be the sole judge of “Extensive Repair”.
6. Northwood Construction, Inc. will perform a site inspection of the First Prize winner’s property to determine if the existing Powder Room can comply with the local building, electrical and plumbing code without upgrades to the existing electrical service, plumbing system or ventilation system. In addition Northwood Construction, Inc. will verify that no changes to adjacent rooms will be necessary due to remodeling of the powder room. If required by code the First Prize winner may elect to have electric service upgrade, plumbing upgrade, ventilation upgrade or structural repairs performed by others before Northwood Construction, Inc. begins remodeling the Powder Room or have upgrades performed by Northwood Construction, Inc. Such upgrades or repairs shall be the sole expense of the First Prize winner. If the First Prize winner is unwilling or unable to pay for upgrades necessary to comply with the applicable code to the existing electric service, plumbing system, ventilation system or structure, then the First Prize shall be forfeited.
7. Properties that have excessive mold, lead based paint, asbestos, bio-hazards or other hazardous materials will be disqualified from receiving the First Prize unless the owner has hazardous materials removed at their expense by others before the Powder Room is remodeled.
8. Final design to be mutually agreed upon by owner, interior designer specified by Northwood Construction, Inc. and Northwood Construction, Inc.
9. Winners are required to present a valid photo ID in order to redeem any prize. Prizes are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for another prize.
10. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
11. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.